Occasionally, well, more than occasionally, I get on a kick where I want to try lots of new recipes. I go off of what’s on sale at the store then Google things to make. I use a lot of Rachael Ray recipes (I too am a garlic fanatic!) but I also get them from all over the web. I usually jot them down on scraps of notebook paper then when it comes time to make them I have to go searching for the little scribbled recipe.
This past week there was a sale on bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. I hardly ever cook with bone-in chicken, but I thought what the heck, it’s on sale! Here was my menu:
- Chicken Thighs with Smoky Roasted Peppers
- Salmon with Peanut Noodles and Veggies
- Steak with Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Zucchini
- Grilled Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs with Asparagus (Allen eventually vetoed the sweet and sticky part and insisted on just regular barbecue sauce-he claimed he was starving from barely eating all week!)
- Bacony Egg Noodles with Green Beans
Allen joked on Thursday night that I was 0 for 4 for the week. But I pulled a win out on Friday with the Bacony Egg Noodles! I knew he would like bacon. And I didn’t think everything else was THAT bad…
But tonight we are meeting a guy I went to school with for dinner at The Old Clam House. So that should be delicious and I won’t have to cook it! First we have to take Charlie to get a much needed mani-pedi and go grocery shopping. Since tomorrow will be tied up with football! Go Bengals! Who Dey!