- 1-2 onions (diced)
- 1-2 green peppers (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (diced)
- 1lb ground turkey (browned)
- 3 cans diced or stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 packet of chili seasoning (hot or mild depending on your preference)
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- A good sprinkle each of garlic powder, white pepper, ancho chili pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsp each: oregano, basil, thyme (and any other herbs you like)
Put everything into the slow cooker on high for about 5-6hrs or low for 8-10hrs. Until the veggies are soft. Taste about halfway through and adjust the saltiness accordingly. Garnish with green onions, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
***To spice it up a little more and for a little more depth of flavor, try using 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 hot italian sausage… Yum!
Also, this is super delicious served with Spicy Chili Bread!