I made these last night for dinner and Allen said “you should blog about this!” If he says that, I know it’s definitely going on the make again list… So here it is!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 bell peppers, also cut into 1″ pieces
- 1-2 onions (depending on their size), cut into 1″ pieces. All I had were yellow but I bet red would be good.
- Some well soaked skewers
- The best & easiest marinade: (divided between the chicken and the veggies): 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup orange juice, 2tsp ketchup (eyeball it), 6 tbsp brown sugar, 4 cloves of minced garlic, and about half that amount of ginger (I use the stuff in the tube from the produce department because it’s easy and lasts forever)
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks with a few snack pieces missing (for the cook of course!)
Marinate your chicken and veggies (separately) for at least 4hrs or overnight. Stick all of it on skewers (this made 12 with a veggie pineapple kabob leftover). Grill over medium-high heat until chicken is done and pineapple is nice and carmelized. Serve over white rice, seasoned with salt & pepper, with a nice drizzle of soy sauce over everything.
Yummy! I am definitely making these for Tyler sometime soon 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know if you guys like them!